Domains and Hosting…
A domain name is the address to your website. You may know it as a URL (Uniform Resource Locator). You type a domain name into the address bar of your Internet browser when going to a website. So, why is it important that you buy your own domain name if your company gives you an affiliate link (YourCompanyName.com/?id=UserName)?
Well, there are a lot of reasons for this.
- When you let your prospects know about your site, wouldn’t it make more sense to send them to a site like YourPersonalSite.com, rather than YourCompanyName.com/?id=UserName?
- You own your personal URL so people can access your site easily
- You cannot use affiliate tagged or replicated sites when posting ads on major search engines
- The more memorable the name, the more chance others will return to your site which in turn, increase traffic.
- Only $10 per year.
Godaddy.com is the authority for cheap domain names. Video Tutorial Coming Soon..
Web Hosting is Housing, Serving and Maintaining Files for Web Sites on a server with direct access to the Internet.
Why is it vitally important to have your own hosting account?
- You own the rights to all of your information. Without hosting, you can lose all of your work if you decide to place your content on someone else’s site.
- Your files are hosted and maintained on your own server, allowing you easy access to make changes to your personal sites, capture pages and more.
- You have complete freedom with all of your information on line.
- Only $4.95 per month “Hatchling Plan”, includes one domain.
- (Recommended) Only $7.95 per month “Baby” Plan with Unlimited domains.
HostGator.com is the Industry Standard Host for Internet Marketers. Host gator is incredibly reliable with 99.9% up-time and with super-fast load times – great for PPC campaigns. All of the video tutorials viewed on my site, along with most Internet marketing training sites will be discussed using Host Gator. Video Tutorial coming soon…